How It Works & Guidelines
Until now, saunas have been a luxury product available only to those who have the space and deep pockets to install them. We feel that optimal health and wellness should be available to everyone and so our sauna bed is a great way to get the same health benefits in your own home. Sound too good to be true? Check out the science behind how it all works, along with some safety guidelines to be aware of when enjoying your blanket.
Infrared heat expands blood vessels and improves circulation. Allowing more blood and oxygen to reach injured areas of the body speeds up the repair and renewal process, easing pain and relieving conditions like arthritis, rheumatism and muscle spasms.
Sweating is part of the complex thermoregulatory process of the body that increases the heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate. Sweating takes energy and releases not just water but salt, carbohydrates and fat when it reaches a certain temperature. Not only do you expel toxins, but you can expel fat.
A session in an infrared sauna of 20-30 minutes can work out the heart similar to a 6-mile run. Expanding blood vessels and increased circulation mean the heart pumps harder, perfect for those with limited time to workout or injuries which inhibit activity.
We naturally accumulate toxins in our bodies as a result of modern daily life. Elements like sodium, alcohol, nicotine, cholesterol and carcinogenic heavy metals can be rid by the body through sweat slowly, but infrared sauna sessions speed up this process and allow us to remove more of these toxins before they get a chance to build up.
Our immune system usually knows we are under attack when a fever is triggered. Fevers result in higher body temperatures in a bid to kill the intruder, which is a natural part of our healing process and a great way to rid our bodies of unwelcome visitors. Infrared heat tricks our bodies into thinking we have a fever, heating up the body without the pain. This activates our immune system which begins to look for any unsavory organisms to eliminate, helping us avoid the onset of illness early, especially during cold and flu season.
Infrared heat loosens the muscles and relaxes the body. It naturally soothes the parasympathetic nervous system and signals the brain to induce a calm state. It's the perfect way to shut down the fight-or-flight sympathetic nervous system which is highly active when we are stressed or panicked.
Infrared heat expands blood vessels and increases circulation, pushing more blood and oxygen around the body. It opens pores, expels dirt and chemicals and removes dead cells on the surface of the skin. Regular sessions can improve skin’s natural moisture if appropriate after-care is taken. All of this can lead to a more soft, firm and glowing complexion.
If you are experiencing any of the below symptoms, please consult your doctor before use:
- Skin diseases or burns
- Splanchnic diseases
- Require a heart defibrillator or use other implantable devices
- Heart disease
- Broken bones
- Recent surgery
- Abnormal blood pressure
- Currently pregnant, may be pregnant, or are breastfeeding
- Implants including metal, silicone, breast implants, etc.
We advise all customers to read these before use to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience in your sauna:
- Consult your doctor – ensure any underlying conditions will not be affected by sauna use.
- Check the blanket for wear and tear.
- Place the sauna on heat-resistant surfaces only (NO waterbeds, latex, plastic, memory foam or inflammatory materials).
- Ensure there is a barrier between you and the mat, we recommend comfortable cotton clothing. You could also use two towels (one under the body and one above, or a sheet).
- Ensure the controller is not rested on the mat during use
- Keep any liquid away from the mat, remote and generator
- Never exceed 60 minutes of sauna use
- Allow the mat to cool for 30 minutes after use
- Turn off and unplug when not in use
- Do not wrap the cord tightly around the mat as this may cause damage.
- Do not store anything on top of the mat as this may cause damage.
- Store in a cool, dry place.